Saturday, December 26, 2009

new website

Ran across this VBAC website, thought it was amazing.
"Are VBACs High Risk? Quite simply, no. Bruce Flamm, MD states in Birth After Cesarean: The Medical Facts, that VBAC parents “have been erroneously told that they are in a very high-risk group” as well as “the chance that a VBAC candidate will require emergency surgery is, for all practical purposes, no higher than that of any other pregnant woman” and “the risk of VBAC is not substantially greater than the risk of any type of childbirth.” He also states, “Midwives generally give care to low-risk or ‘normal’ pregnant women. However, VBAC mothers are not excluded. Numerous medical reports have revealed that VBAC is not associated with substantially more risk than any other childbirth.”
If more VBAC moms only understood this. We are constantly being told me are "high-risk" when really, I am not different that any other mother. (with the exception of a small percent for complication)
the site is: http://vbacfacts.com/vbac/
I love it!

I am looking forward to my VBAC. I know that I am taking all the best steps possible help ensure a VBAC. Your body is only part of the equation, the other parts are knowledge (educating yourself) and your care provider. You can plan and learn everything, but if you don't have a care provider who is willing to go the VBAC route with you, then you are setting yourself up for a hard ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

background